An open listing arrangement is a situation whereby you have gained the services of a number of different agents, who will list your property and attempt to find a buyer for you. You are only expected to pay a commission to the successful agent when a buyer has been found. The benefit of this type of listing is that your property may be advertised across a wider spectrum of potential buyers, but the downside is that you may not receive the same individual attention as you would by employing the services of only one agent.

With an exclusive agency agreement, you give only one agent the rights to sell your property. This may entitle the agent to be paid a commission if the property is sold during the fixed term of the agreement, even if you or another agent were responsible for the sale. An exclusive listing arrangement is most commonly used for the sale of residential properties.

An agent's job at an open house inspection is to listen closely and observe attendees to gauge buyer interest and motivation. By engaging in conversation, the agent can learn more about a potential buyer's specific circumstances and requirements. This helps the agent to discuss the aspects of the property relevant to the buyer. At the same time, buyers may need to view the property without pressure and talk about it with someone they have brought along. A good agent will be aware of this and only engage in conversation at appropriate moments.

Getting a buyer to picture themselves living in the property - sometimes referred to as 'mentally moving in' - is one of the most effective ways to generate serious interest. For this to be achieved, it is essential that they feel relaxed and unhurried. Buyers do not wish to intrude on the current owner's space, so your presence can sometimes act as a deterrent for them to stay longer and continue to consider the property carefully.

Decluttering involves removing personal items as much as possible prior to an open house, in order to help the buyer imagine themselves living in the property. A first impression often lasts and excessive belongings can make a home seem smaller, darker and less airy than it really is. Modern homes and decor tastes also tend to lean towards a more sparse presentation, while too much clutter can leave buyers with the sense that finding storage space might be problematic.

Once your home is placed on the market, the length of time it takes to sell depends on a number of circumstances. The biggest factor is how much you want to make for the property, with auction generally proving to be the most effective way to sell it for the best price in the shortest possible timeframe. An auction can secure you a quick sale because buyers are compelled to act on the day or risk losing the property to somebody else. An LJ Hooker agent can tell you the approximate number of days properties similar to yours have spent on the market before selling.

The term 'overcapitalised' refers to a situation where you have spent more money on your property than you will recoup from the sale price. While it is likely that any work you have done - such as landscaping or interior construction - will add value to the property, there is no guarantee that the full amount spent on these improvements will be seen in the eventual price of sale.

You are able to sell your property while it is being leased, but any potential purchaser must be told there is a current lease in place and that the property will not be sold with vacant possession. The tenant has the right to occupy the residence until the end of the lease term, unless both parties negotiate and agree to terminate the existing agreement. In some cases, the fact your property has reliable tenants in place may actually be appealing to prospective investors.

If you sell the property yourself, whether or not you have to pay the agent a commission will depend entirely on the agreement you signed with them. In many cases you may still need to pay the commission as, for example, it is likely that the promotional activities undertaken by the agent exposed the buyer to the property on the market. You should talk to your agent about this issue, or alternatively take a copy of the agreement to your solicitor or conveyancer for advice.

It is not a legal requirement to use an agent to sell your property - you may elect to undertake the process yourself. However, there are many reasons why people generally engage the services of a professional to ensure the best price. Aside from the obvious expertise in marketing, negotiation and selling that an agent brings, most buyers also prefer not to deal directly with the seller. If buyers know you are not paying for an agent, they will usually expect to see the house price reduced accordingly. In the end, selling a property on your own might lead to a lot of work and pressure, without actually saving any money or maximising the end sale value.

I am considering employing a buyer's agent to help find my ideal property. What exactly is their role and how do they get paid? A buyer's agent is employed by a buyer to establish a shortlist of properties that meet their specific requirements or preferences. Once this list has been developed, the agent takes the clients to inspect the selected properties and negotiate the purchase price on the buyer's behalf - or possibly do the bidding at auction. There is a fee for using a buyer's agent, but the main advantage is that it saves the buyer from having to spend time looking at unsuitable properties.

No matter how excited you are about purchasing your new house or unit, it is prudent to undertake a final inspection to ensure that the property is still in the same condition it was when you negotiated the deal. You should check that all the fixtures and fittings included in the contract are still present and that the previous residents did not cause any damage when moving out of the property.

We recommend looking at enough properties to gain a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace. This will provide you with the required knowledge to work out if the property you are interested in buying represents value for money, while also helping you to determine which location appeals to you the most. It is important to feel confident about your eventual purchase, so viewing properties online is a good way to research the market efficiently. Alternatively, your Complete Property Centre real estate agent can give you comprehensive market analysis on the property, with details of similar properties currently for sale or in the same area.


The bigger your deposit, the smaller your loan will be and the less you’ll pay in interest. We recommend that you save as much as you can, 20% of the property price if possible.

If you have less than the normal 20% deposit, you may also need Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance, which protects you in event that you default on repayments. It’s a one-off cost that’s added to your loan amount, so you don’t have to pay anything upfront.

Yes. Buying a property is one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make. Making an offer and entering into a Contract without knowing your legal rights can have serious implications.

Private treaty is where the seller advertises the amount they are asking for the property and then negotiates with prospective buyers.

Auction is the public sale of a property in which the property is sold to the highest bidder.

A vendor’s statement discloses information not readily found by inspecting. If you’re considering buying a property, it’s critical to get the vendor’s statement checked by your own legal practitioner or conveyancer. The seller is legally responsible for the vendor’s statement, which is usually prepared by their legal adviser.

It must cover certain information, including:

  • Mortgages – written contracts giving the lenders of finance certain rights over the property
  • Covenants – agreements that require the property owner to do (or refrain from doing) something. For example, a covenant could state that no more than one dwelling may be built on the land
  • Covenants – agreements that require the property owner to do (or refrain from doing) something. For example, a covenant could state that no more than one dwelling may be built on the land
  • Easements – a right held by one person to use another’s land. For example, for drainage and sewerage pipe
  • Zoning – how the council will allow the land to be used
  • Outgoings – for example, rates
  • A declaration if the property is in a bushfire-prone area.
  • The seller must provide a vendor’s statement to prospective buyers before any contract of sale is signed.

Contracts become binding on the parties once contracts are exchanged. Exchange is literally the swapping of the Contract signed by the seller with the Contract signed by the buyer.

At the time of exchange the deposit is paid (usually 10%, but a reduced deposit of 5% can be paid if the seller agrees). At auction exchange takes place immediately after the winning bid is accepted.

A cooling-off period of three clear business days applies to private sales of residential and small rural property sales regardless of price.

The cooling-off period gives you time to consider the offer. It begins from the date you sign the contract, not from the date the seller signs it.

To cool off, you must give written notice to the seller or the seller’s agent. You will be entitled to a full refund of money paid, less $100 or 0.2 per cent of the purchase price, whichever is greater.

The cooling-off period does not apply when: the property was purchased at a public auction or within three clear business days before or after a public auction the property is used mainly for industrial or commercial purposes the property is more than 20 hectares and used mainly for farming you previously signed a contract for the same property with the same terms the buyer is an estate agent or corporate body.

Most units, apartments and townhouses are strata title which means that you’re not only buying real estate but you’re also buying into the rights and obligations of being a member of the Owners Corporation (or body corporate).

Being a member means that you will get to vote on issues affecting the building. It also means that you will need to pay strata levies and the way you use the property will be governed by By-Laws. By-laws often cover issues such as parking restrictions, the keeping of pets and any restrictions on the use of common property.

There are generally two ways you can own a property:

Joint tenants: This means that the whole of the property is owned jointly and if one person dies the surviving owner is entitled to the whole property (regardless of what any Will might say). This is the most common way that people in a de facto relationship or marriage own property.

Tenants in common: Business partners or people that are not related usually choose to own the property as tenants in common which means that they own a share in the property. That share can then be passed on or sold to anyone and can be left to a beneficiary in a Will.

Stamp duty is calculated on the purchase price of the property. You will need to pay stamp duty on or before settlement.

The Settlement Date is the date that settlement for the property occurs. “Settlement is the official process of legally transferring a property from one person to another. It is usually conducted by the legal and financial representatives - eg conveyancers, of both the buyer and the vendor.”

When you sign the Contract both parties agree to a settlement date. The standard settlement date in VIC is 30 - 60 days after exchange of Contracts. At settlement you will need to pay the seller the amount necessary for them to ‘settle’ the purchase of the property. This will include any adjustment for council and water rates, the amount of the deposit paid and any other necessary adjustments. If you cannot settle on the date stipulated on the front page of the Contract you will likely be charged interest and in some cases, a fee for rescheduling settlement.

If an agent is managing the sale, you must make your offer to buy a property through the agent, you will be asked to make an offer by signing the contract of sale and the agent will take your offer to the seller, unless the seller has instructed them not to.

We recommend you write into the contract a date by which your offer will lapse. This way you will know whether the seller has accepted your offer, by a time that suits you.

In a private sale, you can negotiate with the seller to make the sale subject to certain conditions such as: obtaining a loan (‘subject to finance’), the sale of an existing property, the successful completion of a building or pest inspection.

If the contract is subject to obtaining a loan, you should always nominate a lender in the relevant section of the contract. When you buy at auction, you cannot put conditions on the contract (for example, a longer settlement period) without the agreement of the vendor.

An offer to buy can be unconditional, that means once you sign it you are bound to proceed with the deal on the agreed date at the agreed price, no matter what.

The decision on how much to offer is difficult. You need to consider whether to:

Make your best offer up front or offer a lower price and be prepared to negotiate upwards. A seller with several offers may decide to accept another offer without inviting you to offer more.

A seller may reject an offer for reasons other than the price - including conditions placed on the offer. For example, a seller might reject an offer conditional on a longer settlement period, if another potential buyer offers a similar sale amount with the seller’s requested settlement period.

Buying at Auction

The Auction will take place at either the property or an alternative location. Each property advertised will clearly stipulate the location, date and time of the auction.

The straight answer to this question is yes. If you have a home to sell or you are not in a cash position you should discuss this with your Real Estate Agent and see what can be done. To bid at Auction you need to be bidding in cash. 10% deposit is only required on the day of the Auction, balance is due on the settlement date.

The Auction system allows you, the market, to firstly appreciate the house and then determine the price. We find as Real Estate Agents, that some people literally become experts in a particular price range and they are able to indicate pretty well exactly what a home is worth. They do this by drawing on the experience of the homes they have looked at in that particular price bracket. If you need help with a guide to the price, ask your Real Estate Agent for guidance. Whilst you will not get actual figures, a Real Estate Agent will refer you to homes of similar price, or in a similar bracket that we believe indicate a reasonable price for the Auction home. You should see it as an opportunity to buy at Market Value as the fact that the Seller is taking their home to Auction indicates they are relatively keen to sell.

Simply yes you can as with all buying opportunities. It will be up the Seller whether they wish to discuss the option prior to auction or not. Speak with your Real Estate Agent and they will guide you towards the best outcome.

You will need to register, giving your name, address and telephone number. Once registered, you may be required to display an identification number when bidding.

The auction is generally opened with the auctioneer announcing the attributes of the property, and any relevant details such as restrictions on the title and the deposit required. The auctioneer then calls for, or announces an opening bid, usually below the reserve price. The price is raised progressively as the auctioneer accepts more bids.

When the reserve price has been reached or exceeded, the auctioneer will usually indicate this by saying ‘this property will sell today’ or something similar. If the auction fails to reach the reserve price, the property is ‘passed in’ (does not sell). The auctioneer, on behalf of the seller, may enter into private negotiations with the highest bidder or other bidders immediately after the property is passed in, to try and negotiate a sale.

The person who makes the final bid must then complete the transaction by formally signing their offer to buy, which is then signed and accepted by the auctioneer on behalf of the seller. At this point the sales contract has been concluded. When a property is sold at auction, the settlement process is the same as that used when a property is sold by private treaty.

If you become the successful bidder, you will need to immediately nominate a settlement agent to transfer the land title and conduct the settlement for you unless you wish to do it yourself. It is therefore best to choose a settlement agent before the auction.

Overall, to buy at Auction can be an exciting and worthwhile opportunity. Because the Seller is Auctioning their home, they are normally “motivated” to find a buyer. Instead of seeing the Auction as a daunting affair, we suggest you see it as an opportunity to purchase the home you want at a reasonable price. Don’t forget that both the Seller and Complete Property Centre are keen see the home “SOLD” either before Auction, on the day, or as soon as possible after the Auction. We are here to help you through the process just let us know what we can do.

Contact Complete Property Centre 03 9333 8800


  • Landlords

  • It’s hard to guarantee an exact time frame. If the property is priced accurately, and well presented, a quality tenant will be sourced more quickly than otherwise. It is important that your property is priced accurately in relation to the current market and we will advise you on this important matter. Our team will ensure that you receive the best possible rental return with a minimum vacancy period.

    We use a range of methods to secure a quality tenant for you. These include an internet strategy using our own web site as well as several leading real estate portals, on site For Lease signage, our tenant database and window advertising. We find this combination generates regular enquiry and provides us with the opportunity to select the most appropriate application for your property.

    There are two main criteria to consider when selecting a suitable tenant for your property; their ability to pay the rent and their ability to maintain your property. We qualify all prospective tenants in relation to both these criteria. Our application form extracts all of the required information to qualify their suitability, your property manager will reference check applicants and qualify the information provided by each tenant and discuss the information collected with you and, together, select the best tenant.

    The fees payable are an initial letting marketing fee to secure the best tenant and a monthly management and admin fee to handle the ongoing management of the property.

    Your rent is paid to you by electronic funds transfer into your nominated account each month.

    Even though every tenant’s application is screened very carefully, accidents do happen and there can be no guarantee that your property will not be damaged. Our team conduct regular inspections to minimise any problems that may arise. Routine inspections generally take place three months after a tenant moves in, and every six months thereafter. As the owner of the property you can be present for inspections if you wish. If you wish to be present, please notify your property manager to contact you prior to arranging the inspection. Periodic inspections allow us to check on the condition of the property and report any required maintenance and repairs to you as early as possible.

    Minor repairs are handled by your property manager, and we will discuss a cost limit on these repairs at the start of the tenancy management. For any larger repairs quotes will be organised and discussed with you prior to moving forward. Urgent repairs, regardless of cost, may be required by law to be acted upon immediately as legislated in the Residential Tenancy Act. At Complete Property Centre we only utilise high quality trades people and suppliers who have ABN’s and Public Liability Insurance Cover

    Your property manager will liaise with you to determine your preferences regarding both the frequency and method of our contact with you once your property has been rented. We ensure our communication keeps you updated without distracting you unnecessarily.

    Simple! If you currently have a property managed by another agent and for any reason would like to change over to Complete Property Centre, all you have to do is contact our property manager to sign a form and we will take care of the rest. If you choose to have us manage your investment property we will organize for your tenants to be notified and for the keys to be collected from your managing agent. Everything else carries on as usual. Changing your managing agent couldn’t be easier.

    This is a common question and unfortunately there is no one answer. However, we can tell you that properties that are better presented, more professionally marketed, priced according to market conditions and represented by a professional agent, will be rented quicker. At Complete Property Centre we commence marketing your property as soon as it is ready, or as soon as the current tenant gives notice of their intention to vacate. By moving quickly, we’re able to lease properties in 2-4 weeks on average.

    A Lease can be written for any period of time, as long as both parties (owner and tenant) agrees. A standard lease term is usually 12 months; however, often a 6-month lease is negotiated to suit either party. We recommend to our owners to avoid locking themselves into a lease for longer than 12 months?

    Rent arrears are not tolerated at Complete Property Centre our systems helps to ensure that rent arrears are monitored on a daily basis. This allows us to contact the tenants straight away should they show in arrears and then we can discuss the issue as to why they are in arrears and notify you as the landlord. If the tenants go into arrears by 14 days we will discuss the process of issuing a notice to vacate with you.

    With almost 99% of all our prospective tenants using the internet to find homes online and a majority of our current tenants paying electronically, it’s clear that an agent’s location is a concern of the past. Because of this we can quickly and easily rent out properties in a very large geographic area. We can also very quickly assess rents in any given area to determine what the right amount of rent is for a particular property.

    If we currently manage your property and you are looking to sell (or even if we don’t and you are looking to sell), your choice of agent is critical in ensuring you get the best price in the sale. Many of our owners live interstate or out of the area and don’t have relationships with selling agents in the area that their property is located in. Fortunately we can help… We are a hugely successful sales team that has with their successes shaken up the areas industry and currently lead the way in turning over property sales.

    As with any insurance policy, it is not compulsory to have landlord insurance on your property. However, as property specialists, it’s our expert recommendation that every investment property owner has a specific landlord insurance policy in place for their property. Landlord Insurance protects you in the event of a tenant not paying rent, departing the property early or damaging the property. It also includes public liability and limited cover for contents (e.g. floor coverings, curtains).

    While there are plenty of options out there, we suggest choosing very carefully. Many policies provided by the major banks are worthless! Be sure to look at how well a policy can cover unpaid rent, liability claims, damage to contents and extreme weather, and most importantly have a look at the excess conditions.

    You will get the best indication of what your property should rent for by closely comparing it to other properties similar to yours that are currently being rented, or have just been rented, in the same area. Market forces will determine exactly what amount of rent you achieve. If you have a very popular property you will get more interest and subsequently a higher rent. If you have a property that is less rentable, you will find it hard to command a premium rent.

    The average property managed by Complete Property Centre has been proven to generate more rent than the median for other properties in that suburb. Why? Because our property managers are trained to negotiate the best rent increase possible without costing you a good tenant. If your property manager doesn’t know exactly what your property should be renting for, then you could be missing out on valuable rental income.

    If the tenancy is a fixed-term agreement, the landlord or agent cannot increase the rent before the end date, unless the lease states otherwise. In any case, the landlord or agent must not increase the rent more than once in any six-month period.

    The landlord or agent must give the tenant at least 60 days’ notice of any rent increase.

    Routine inspections are used to avoid problems before they become problems, or at least head them off before they get too big in Victoria the first inspection is performed at 3 months followed by regular 6 monthly inspections.

    At Complete Property Centre we have a team of people that help to maintain your property. These staff will identify, investigate, quote and follow up on any maintenance issues that are brought forward at a routine inspection or by the tenants. We have a handy man that we use regularly and have accesses to an electrician, plumber and gardener who quote and complete work for us on a regular basis. We can also help you to get quotes for any renovations or instalments that you might like done.

    Yes you do. When entering into the lease the tenant agreed to the weekly rent based on the conditions of the property and that every appliance was in working order. Your obligation as a landlord is to maintain the property in the condition the tenant agreed to rent it.

    While you are not required to have a rental agent manage your rental property, it is important to know that private owners are bound by the same legislative requirements that also apply to real estate agents.

    This means that if a private owner was found to be in breach of the Residential Tenancies Act, they could be subject to the same disciplinary action, including potential fines that would apply to real estate agents.

    Smoke alarms must be installed in all Victorian homes, units, flats and townhouses. Landlords are responsible for fitting smoke alarms in rented properties.

    Hard-wired smoke alarms with a battery back-up must be installed in all buildings constructed after 1 August 1997. Buildings constructed before that date can have a battery powered smoke alarm.

  • Tenants

  • A rental bond is standard to most residential rental contracts and is typically an amount equivalent to one month’s rent for a furnished or unfurnished property, and is payable prior to your tenancy commencing. The bond is then forwarded to RTBA and held in trust during your tenancy and released upon vacating.

    While the documentation you receive at the beginning of a tenancy can vary from state to state, you will find there a number of items that are required across most jurisdictions. These include a copy of the tenancy agreement, information about renting in your state, a copy of the bond lodgement form and the condition report, which is to be completed, signed and returned to the agent or owner within the required time frame. You may also receive a receipt for the initial rent amount, lease fees and bond payment, as well as copies of access keys and any remote controls. The property owner or agent may also provide you with emergency contact details for urgent out-of-hours repairs.

    It is the tenant’s responsibility to arrange connection and disconnection of utilities and services to the property. However your property manager can arrange all of the services for your convenience before you move in.

    Repairs must be reported in writing, you can do this via our online Repair Request Form or you can send us an email to [email protected] all non-urgent repairs will be attended to within one business day. In the event of an urgent repair, please contact our office by phone immediately.

    The types of repairs that are urgent are defined under the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and are defined as follows:

    • A burst water service
    • Blocked or broken lavatory system (if a second lavatory is not available)
    • Serious roof leak
    • Gas leak
    • Dangerous electrical fault
    • Flooding or serious flood damage
    • Serious storm or fire damage
    • A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
    • A failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling
    • Any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure

    Please contact our office by phone to discuss any urgent repairs. Again, if outside business hours or public hours please refer to your tenancy agreement and make direct arrangements with our tradespeople listed on the second page of your tenancy agreement.

    Tenants or residents should:

    • Not deactivate a smoke alarm or interfere with its operation in any way
    • Notify the landlord or owner if a smoke alarm is faulty or not in working order
    • When you move out, you should leave the premises, including smoke alarm batteries, in a similar state to when you moved in

    This is to protect you as well as the landlord, the condition is recorded and if there are any discrepancies it can be addressed. Completing your condition report is very important as this report will be used when you vacate the premises to determine any variations. The condition report must be returned signed within 3 days. If not returned, we will presume that you agree with our assessment of the premises.

    You will be given Complete Property Centres trust account details so that you can directly deposit the funds via internet transfer or make a deposit at a bank branch we do not accept cash. As per your Tenancy Agreement rent must be paid in advance. It is important to inform your property manager if at any time you are going to be late with a rental payment. If we do not receive your payment and you have not made contact this may lead to the issuing of a Termination Notice.

    Yes, we will contact you in advance to arrange a suitable time. We will always try to give you at least 7 days written notice, however it may be necessary to give less notice in some circumstances the minimum notice is 24 hours.

    A landlord’s insurance cover on their property does not extend to cover your belongings. It is your responsibility as the tenant to ensure you have contents insurance for your own possessions against theft or damage.

    If you have locked yourself out during business hours we can arrange access via office master set of keys, if you have locked yourself out after hours you may contact a locksmith to gain entry into the property. This is at your own expense.

    The first inspection is carried out after the first 3 months, and a written report and photos are sent to the Landlord. Routine inspections are then carried out every6 months as stated by the law in Victoria If there are any concerns during the inspection we will report these to you and notify you of a re-inspection date.

    As a residential tenant you will pay water usage and sewage disposal charges where the property has a separate water meter. The property owner is responsible for service charges on the bill. The maintenance of water supply and sewerage services are also the owner’s responsibility.

    The 'User Pays' system of billing gives you as a tenant more control over your account, there are lots of ways to pay your bill visit

    To end a tenancy at the end of a fixed term lease tenants must give 28 days’ notice in writing prior to the lease end date. Please contact office to discuss requirements if unsure. Please be aware all rent must be paid to the vacate date, you cannot use your bond to pay for any outstanding rent.

    You will find details of the expiry date in your lease agreement. If this date passes, your lease becomes a 'continuing agreement'. This ensures all parties are bound by the original lease terms. You can also request a lease renewal from the owner or agent. The owner of the property has the right to renew the lease, let arrangements continue under the terms of the original lease or issue the appropriate notice requesting that you vacate the property. It is important for you to discuss whether or not you want to continue living in the property with the owner or agent well before the expiry date of your lease, which allows everyone to make the necessary plans and arrangements.

    Any agreed handovers must be done correctly and legally, you and the other person should contact your agent as soon as possible and let them know what you want to do. You should also be aware that your agent or owner has no automatic obligation to agree to your request - the new person must complete an application form, provide references and carry out all the other steps that are necessary for anyone to be approved as a tenant. If this application is approved, the new person should not move into the property until a final inspection has been carried out and the necessary arrangements are made with your owner or agent for the release of your bond.

    In this event, you are responsible for all reasonable expenses incurred by the owner or agent to locate a replacement tenant.

    You would also need to continue paying rent until a new tenant is located and enters into a new lease agreement. You and the agent are both able to actively seek a new tenant, but this individual must complete all normal processes and checks before they are approved. It is essential that you not leave the property without notifying your owner or agent, this will likely result in the loss of your bond and could also create a bad rental history record, which may make it more difficult for you to rent again in the future.

    There are a number of different scenarios that can occur if the owner decides to sell, these can depend on the expiry and terms of your lease agreement.

    For example, if you are within the term of your lease agreement and the property is sold to another investor, you continue to have your rights to the property as a tenant when the new owner assumes the responsibility as your landlord. If the property is sold to someone who wishes to live there, you will be given notice to vacate, this will usually give you plenty of time to arrange your next property.

    As an existing tenant, your Complete Property Centre agent is perfectly placed to help you find another rental property that suits your budget and preferences.

    NO, it is your responsibility to redirect your mail at the end of your tenancy.

    Tenants or residents should:

    • Not deactivate a smoke alarm or interfere with its operation in any way
    • Notify the landlord or owner if a smoke alarm is faulty or not in working order.
    • When you move out, you should leave the premises, including smoke alarm batteries, in a similar state to when you moved in.